Fixed-term employees are employed on a full-time or part-time basis for a specified period of a project or event. The visualisation shows the number of Public Service employees on fixed-term employment agreements for the years 2015-2020. At 30 June 2020, 91.4% of Public Service employees were on permanent employment contracts with the remaining 8.6% of employees on fixed- term contracts.

However, there are several agencies with a high proportion of staff on fixed-term employment contracts, including: Pike River Recovery Agency (100%), Cancer Control Agency (26.7%), National Emergency Management Agency (26.2%), Department of Internal Affairs (25.0%), and the Ministry of Māori Development (22.6%).

Last modified: