Framework for appointments
Officials need to be familiar with any 'documents' relating to an agency or body that provide guidance to the appointment process required. These can include legislation, trust deeds, terms of reference, and Cabinet papers. These documents may:
- clarify the responsibility for recommending and/or making appointments
- specify if the vacancies must be advertised or if nominations must be sought from occupational or industry bodies
- identify particular skills, qualifications or experience required by appointees
- establish terms of appointment and the process for setting remuneration
- specify who may dismiss a member and on what grounds.