The leadership team of an organisation needs to commit long-term to increasing the employment of disabled people within their organisation. Nominating a sponsor from within the leadership team ensures there is a representative voice at the most senior level of an organisation.
This section provides practical information to increase the employment of disabled people in an organisation. It outlines how this can be achieved and how it will benefit the individual and the workplace.
Here are some helpful guides to build an inclusive work environment. These include:
- A five step plan for leadership teams
- Step 1: Get buy in from all of your organisation's leaders
- Step 2: Understand how inclusive you are as an organisation
- Step 3: Develop your action plan
- Step 4: Identify who can help
- Step 5: Monitor how far you have come
- How to build a business case for employing disabled people
A thorough understanding of these will ensure State Sector agencies reflect New Zealand’s diverse population and increase the employment of disabled people.
If you would like to know more about the employment cycle click here.