The Official Information Forum provides an opportunity for agency leaders and practitioners to come together to discuss official information practices, issues and to learn from each other.
The Official Information Forum is open to staff from all State sector agencies subject to the Official Information Act 1982.
Official Information Forum agendas can range from introductory sessions for those new to working with the Act, to the day-to-day implementation of the Act, to driving agency process and practice improvement.
A timetable of Forum events for the year is published below. This will be updated as dates and agendas are confirmed.
- Provisional schedule of Forum events 2020 (updated September 2020) (61KB PDF)
Documents from previous Forums
Information is published here after each meeting.
- 24 May 2017 – Practitioners' forum
- 14 August 2017 – Leaders’ forum on proactive release
- 23 November 2017 – Practitioners’ forum on new OIA guidance and the capability development toolkit
- Agenda and speaking notes (264KB | PDF)
- Presentation on OIA guidance (581KB | PDF)
- Presentation on the official information capability development toolkit (768KB | PDF)
- Presentation on learning needs survey (478KB | PDF)
- Update from the Office of the Ombudsman (308KB | PDF)
- 20 August 2018 - Practitioners' forum on proactive release of official information
- 31 October 2018 – Leaders’ forum on proactive release of Cabinet papers and OIA practice reviews
- 29 November 2018 – Practitioners’ workshop on proactive release of Cabinet papers
- 11 February 2019 – Practitioners’ forum on the publication of OIA responses
- 13 August 2019 – Accessibility, and proactive release of Cabinet papers
- October 2019 – New OIA Practitioners
- November 2019
- July 2020 (postponed from March 2020) - Government Recordkeeping
- September 2020 – Officials’ names and proactive release