The Official Information Forum provides an opportunity for agency leaders and practitioners to come together to discuss official information practices, issues and to learn from each other.
The Official Information Forum is open to staff from all State sector agencies subject to the Official Information Act 1982.
Official Information Forum agendas can range from introductory sessions for those new to working with the Act, to the day-to-day implementation of the Act, to driving agency process and practice improvement.
A timetable of Forum events for the year is published below. This will be updated as dates and agendas are confirmed.
- Schedule of Forum events 2021 (updated October2021) (91KB | PDF)
- Final schedule of Forum events 2020 (updated December 2020) (88KB | PDF)
Documents from previous Forums
Information is published here after each meeting.
4 October 2021 – New OIA Practitioners
- Presentations: New OIA Practitioners (4.2MB | PDF)
6 September 2021 – new Office of the Ombudsman team, Jan-Jun OIA statistics
31 May 2021 - information management, redaction, workforce deployment, OIA statistics
- Agenda (65KB | PDF)
- Presentation: Panel Discussion Proactive release; Workforce Deployment; OIA statistics to December 2020 (793KB | PDF)
- Agenda (57KB | PDF)
- Presentations: Presentations: Ombudsman's resources for agencies; Te Kawa Mataaho resources and networks (3.9MB | PDF)
- Agenda and speaking notes (264KB | PDF)
- Presentation on OIA guidance (581KB | PDF)
- Presentation on the official information capability development toolkit (768KB | PDF)
- Presentation on learning needs survey (478KB | PDF)
- Update from the Office of the Ombudsman (308KB | PDF)